Munnik Attorneys specialise in the drafting of all agreements, with special focus on commercial agreements and the compliance of companies with the new Companies Act
Mariska Munnik has more than 8 years’ experience in commercial law and property related matters. She is also a qualifed notary and conveyancer and will be able to assist clients with antenuptial agreements, as well as property transfers.
Profile of Mariska Munnik (previously Smit)
· Completed Bcom degree at the University of Pretoria in 2000.
· Completed course in Tax in 2001.
· Worked in the financial and accounting sector for 3 years, specialising in training auditors in audit software.
· Joined the firm known as Meintjes-Waugh Inc, now known as Meintjes-Smit Inc, in 2004 and started with the LLb degree at UNISA in the middle of the same year.
· Completed the LLb degree in 2008.
· Admitted as attorney, notary and conveyancer in 2009.
· Areas of specialisation during my 7 years at Meintjes-Waugh Inc included: drafting of all types of agreements; property development and all property transactions; personal injury law;
· Joined Kaan Organics in April 2009, a company specialising in the manufacture and distribution of organic fertiliser, as the Marketing and Communications Director and legal adviser. I was still employed by Meintjes-Waugh Inc at this time as well.
· Became a director of the firm Meintjes-Smit Inc in 2010.
· Relocated to Novosibirsk, Siberia in the Russian Federation at the start of 2011. During my year abroad I focused on developing an online marketing platform for the trading of all types of grain.
· Founded the firm Munnik Attorneys in 2012. The firm specialises in the drafting of all types of agreements, with special focus on commercial agreements.
If you have made the big decision to get married, you are quickly realizing that there are many decisions that need to be made. Other than the dress, wedding and reception, there is also a key legal decision that you should make with your fiancé – whether or not you need a antenuptial agreement.
An Antenuptial Contract, also known as a Prenuptial Contract or Prenup, is a contract entered into by two people prior to their marriage, to stipulate the terms and conditions for the exclusion of community of property between them. The terms and conditions may not be illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy.
We suggest you make an appointment for a free consultation to discuss all questions in detail. You can only make an informed decision after a complete evaluation of all the facts.
We pride ourselves in being very approachable. Everything divulged in this consultation will be kept strictly confidential and is subject to attorney client privilege.
Louwrens can be contacted on:
Telephone: 012 343 0267 extension 4
Fax: 012 343 0269
Park street Law Chambers
Park Street 755